Alcohol & Drugs: MIP, MIC, Intoxication Suspended Imposition of Sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

rman

I had a question about what exaclty a suspended imposition of sentence entails. I recieved a MIP in Boone Country, Missouri (City of Columbia) last November and at my court date this Feb, my lawyer reached a deal to drop an open container violation and me to recieve a suspended imposition of sentence with 18 months probation (no alcohol related violations), attend a victims impact panel and perform 15 hours comunity service on the MIP charge. I've completed the later two and have about half the probationary period left. I'm curious as to what happens at the end of this period? How will this appear on my record. My lawyer said that when I apply for a job, I won't have to state this to employers (unless its for a government position). My question is, what exactly will this go down as? Will this record be closed to the public and will it be a conviction (or just the guilty plea?). I'm just worried about how it may affect my future (specifically regarding employment). Also, if I'm looking for a job (internship) during the remaining probationary period, what should I state regarding this to any potentional employers?

Thanks.

Ask your lawyer. My guess from what you tell me is that the charge is probationary -- if you complete the probation period successfully then the county will drop the charge and it will appear as though you were never charged at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back