suspended for theft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shellyb66

I just started a new job and am 2 weeks into the training, Yesterday I was called into human resource and told that someone saw me taking other peoples personal belongings, I Never took anything,and am just sick to my stomach that I have been accused of this, so i am now suspended pending investigation, I belong to a union but the Stewart in the meeting said she has never handled a case like this before so I called the Union and they said call another Stewart but the Stewarts is located in the building I work for and i am under no circumstances allowed to call the company (this is what i was told)
What are my rights can i be suspended without out proof of doing anything wrong? No one is talking to me i am so upset i just don't know what to do or where to turn.

Unless your CBA specifically says otherwise, yes, you can be suspended without proof. The employer is not a court of law.

Thank You for responding, seems to me i don't have any rights or any way to defend myself, my Union reps says they cant see filing a grievance since i have only been there 2 weeks, i haven't been there long enough to buid rapport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back