Suspended for others lying

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcct

I was giving a 3 day suspension last week because another employee accused me of making a threat to him (company wont tell me how I supposedly threatened him). Out of the 7 employees standing there when I had a talk (I am a shift boss) with this employee about his constant barrage of questioning my boss and other employees about what I do and dont do, they only asked 2 of them what was going on and they said they heard me threaten him. 1 was standing 10 feet away and he said he heard it and the other who said she heard it was standing 40 feet away. Mind you we work in a noise filled production line. There was another worker who was standing next to the worker 10 feet away, 2 who were standing 15 feet away and another who was standing next to the 1 worker standing 40 feet away. They were never asked of anything before they suspended me. They didnt even ask me what was going on until after they had the suspension written out. The coversation went like this: me: Do me a favor and dont worry about what I do and dont here. I am a shift leader and so is so and so. Worker response: You aint shit. Me: Yes, I am the shift leader. Dont worry about what I do.

As I was walking out the door to start my suspension, the operations manager decided to ask 1 of the other employees (standing 15 feet away) and that worker told him in no way did I make any type of threat to the other. After my second day back (yesterday) the company decided to call in 2 other workers. The worker standing 10 feet away told them I did not make any type of threat whatsoever. The other worker was the 1 standing 40 feet away with the woman and he stated there was no way she could of heard anything because of the noise level because he did not hear anything.

Now the worker who accused me of threatening him has a past with me, as do the other 2 who said they heard me make the threat. He has gone up to the HR office, along with the woman, to accuse me of leaving the building without punching out on numerous occasions. The company did an investigation of my coming and goings ( we have key cards to get in every gate and door) and they did not find 1 bit of evidence of any wrong doings. Our policy is that you let HR do their investigation first. Yet this worker decided to call the corporate office over 10 times to find out what is taking them so long. He was also going around the shop and letting everyone know that I was getting fired on a daily basis.

He has also accused me of discriminating against him when I go around and ask who would like to work the weekend (Sat. and sometimes Sun. if needed). That also proved to be a lie as the company went through his time cards and it clearly showed he has worked numerous weekends. He just didnt remember to lie correctly when he either did not show up or he walked out after being there for only an hour or 2.

The other 2 have complained that I do not talk to them properly. Their complaint was that I do not ask them PLEASE and say THANK YOU everytime I ask them to do what they were hired to do, THEIR JOB. Many in the company were dumbfounded and shocked to even think someone would actually file a complaint like this. The company found no wrongdoings on this matter either.

The worker who has accused me the most was given a warning and 'in house counseling' about his lies after the case of leaving work and discrimination. He was told if anymore things like this popped up he would be let go. Obviously that is not true because after this latest episode, the company warned him if he does something 1 more time, he will be let go.

I lost money, I am stressed to walk in everyday now because who knows what stunts are going to happen, my reputation as a worker has taken a hard knock and now I have to listen to jokes about hitting other workers.

I want to hire a lawyer, I just dont know what type of lawyer to hire. Thanks

There's very little any lawyer can do, unless you shell out $5,000, maybe $10,000.
Even if you were to sue, what do you think you could collect from a factory laborer working extra shifts?
You can speak with a labor or employee relations attorney, or just a general attorney.
That way you can hear it from the horse's mouth, not from me, the horse's backend!

I think your best option is to ignore troublemakers, whiners, and liars.
Just keep improving yourself, because when it counted, others backed you up and told the truth.
Be extra polite and you'll see a difference in how people treat you,too.

You don't have a legal issue. You have an employee mutiny. Having suffered one many years ago, you either work through it based on your productivity and relationship with your supervisor or you accept the penalty. I suggest you start looking for another job before being terminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back