Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Suspected Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jo1983

Jurisdiction
United Kingdom
Hi everyone!

I am new here in the group forum, I need a legal advice and help regarding my case.

I am living in a temporary council accommodation and receiving housing benefits and council tax reduction/ single person discount and on universal credit. I received a letter from the council that I have a duty to advise the local authority of any changes of circumstances which may affect my discount, a failure to do so may be an offender under the Council Tax Reduction Scheme 2013 Regulations, and/ or the Fraud Act 2006.

They made a credit checks and they have identified my other bank account. For the entitlement to be assessed correctly, I need to send all my bank accounts and capital within 3 months and confirm my employer and annual income.

My problem is, I have a cash on hand job which I deposit the money in my other bank account and savings too which I did not declare. I know this is dishonesty and fraud. Please can anyone with legal expertise and knowledge on how to resolve and handle my case. Kindly please help me with the best thing to do. I am only given a month calendar to submit everything to the council. Thank you very much and I appreciate your help.

Sorry, this site consists of people knowledgeable in the federal and state laws of the USA.

You'll need to seek the services of a solicitor or try this website:

Forums - LegalBeagles Forum

Thread closed.

Kindly please help me with the best thing to do.

Frankly, I suggest you call the council and ask them what you can do to maintain the accommodation.

I doubt that you'll have any legal recourse if they kick you to the "kerb" for not complying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back