Sex Crimes, Sex Offenders Surreal situation. Is there an out?

nuclearoptions

Jurisdiction
North Carolina
I come here with great hesitation but I need some perspective on the most viable course of action.

Currently I have a sword of Damocles hanging over me for three counts of 2nd degree sexual exploitation of a minor. I asserted in the initial investigation that I was aware these images existed but that it was inadvertently downloaded then deleted and that the discovery of these images were the result of a virus of which the machine in question had loads of. If these had come to pass thru conventional means such as my ISP showing up on the radar of the authorities then I would be taking the hit and trying to pick up pieces as best I can.

But this is not the case by a long shot. If it was I would either be a lot deeper in the hole than I currently am or at least dealing with this in another jurisdiction. But my clumsy handling left me too easily exposed though interestly enough the detective who investigated is not finding the typical tennants associated with this type of crime IE no peer to peer software located. I would have tossed the crappy thing in the drink but as you will see below the selfish needs of others due to their own stupidity prohibited this from occuring.

And also the one who in turned me in has been brazenly engaged and continues to engage in behavior of a worse nature that I told her many times is a powderkeg. And she turned me in because i did not give her the resolution she wanted at that exact moment in time.

Here is the timeline on how this went down. I was visiting her and the boy and took him to the movies. I told her it is OK to use my laptop but to use the chrome browser as the default browser was infected. Now it had one if those nasty "FBI" viruses that lock the computer up but which go away with turning off the unit. As to if it dragged up the compromising images i am unsure one way or the other. The chrome worked fine with no issues. This is about 4pm. At 530 she calls but hangs up before I can make it to the lobby to answer and does not pick up my return call. So after the show I call to ask her about what to pickup for dinner. She states we need to seriously talk but does not elaborate though she does quizzically state that "its not too damning" which threw up red flags. This is about 645. Get back to her place at 715 and she is not to be to found AND the laptop is gone as well. No response to call and a text and about another two hours pass before she shows up in a full on almost certainly drug fueled frenzy pulling me outside and using one of her good for nothing dirtbag friends as muscle and proceeds to immediately be judge jury and executioner telling me to take the computer and to never return (until the next time she needs extra money of course) and that she took pictures on her phone of what she found and that she was going to take them to CPS. I attempted to calm her and to let her hear my side but she was intractable and adimanti . what she had been out doing was running the roads showing off her findings calculating how much she will be able to extort from me. Well I stood my ground so she calls out her mother who is just a couple of years older and who I have no love lost over... Hells bells we despise each other. She shows up about 45 minutes later (by now its about 10pm) and it's 2nd verse same as the first though mom wasn't whacked out on meth or what not, just being a cruel bitch. Well eventually she states that if I am so innocent then I will have nothing to worry about if she calls the cops. The man shows up. Takes statements. Confiscates the machine and gives me the detective who handles this card. I go down the next day talk with this cat, obviously say way too much and a couple of weeks later I Google myself and find out charges are filed and they are looking for me. Next morning the cops pick me up in the town I was living in,book me, make me their guest for the night then shackle me up the next morning to head to the county where this went down. I made bond and now six months later we will finally take this from district to superior

The reason that I have not dropped the hammer on her for her depravity is because she has something non sexual over me in nature that has forced my silence and for that matter emptied my wallet. Something I truly feel remorse over but that she has a flippant attitude about. Sonething that i was going to give myself up over but that she talked me out of going thru with and it is also something that it appears was never discovered by the authorities.

Plus what she has been engaged in is something she has engaged in with the full knowledge and consent of others privy to the sitution . In fact it is not out of line to say she was encouraged by those who have the ties that bind to do what she does.

The lady in dread in question is 16yrs my junior and the mother of my child, which in and of itself is bizarre. I'm 46 she is 30 and our son is 9. She also is simultaneously someone who will lie thru her teeth while on the other hand confessing in graphic detail her sundry actions along with those of the others in her red hot dumpster fire white trash drug addled social circle.

Oh and the reason that I had held onto the machine as opposed to smashing the mother ??? Not a week before I was about to throw the thing in the river she got picked up for about the third or fourth time for failing to appear on a traffic violation and I had to bond her drippy ass out once again because I am always the only one who can help her because no one else in her life had the means or the witheraw to do so, yes its true you only get hurt by the ones you love.

Quick addendum. Little miss albatross alleges she has been investigated 'a dozen times' over her dalliances but that the other party has steadfastly denied any chicanery. I find that truly incredulous.

You have done far too much already.
You have talked too much.
I suggest you avail yourself of your right to remain silent.
No one explains himself/herself out of any criminal charge, just ask OJ.
Talking to the cops was a foolish, albeit a costly error.
Continuing to blab is never helpful
Its time for you to STFU, talk only to your lawyer.
While you await your trial, lay low, and for your sake, STFU.
Fish get caught because they open their big, greedy mouths.
Criminal defendants become CONVICTS because they try to explain, alibi, or blame another person.
Its too late to fix this.
You must now rely on your lawyer's ability to defend.
You must hope the state makes mistakes.
You must hope your lawyer can pick a sympathetic jury, or ask for a trial by JUDGE.

Talk to your lawyer, ONLY to your lawyer.

And in closing. Do I drop all this in the lap of my mouthpiece or shutthehellup ? Personally I would think that the system would almost find this unethical to pursue due to the way they got dragged into this but who am I fooling? If this were a episode of SVU the script would be turned down for being unrealistic.

Even if you had proof positive that your conniving shemale murdered JFK, slaughtered Nicole Simpson, kidnapped the Lindbergh baby, aided John Wilkes Boothe in his getaway, and hacked those DNC and John Podesta emails; none of that would (or could) exonerate you from the allegations in which you find yourself ensnared.

In some cases, if you knew that twelve ISIS terrorists were sitting in a DC hotel and planned to bomb the Washington Memorial and the White House on November 8th, maybe, just maybe your attorney could approach the US Attorney and strike a deal that could cause your charges disappear.

Know this, OP, whatever you know don't just shout it, or blab it.
Talk to your attorney about whatever it is you know, as regards criminal activity that a prosecutor would deem far more heinous than the allegations you're facing.
Your attorney will discuss the allegations with you, and if he/she thinks the prosecutor would be interested in pursuing them, discussions commence.

If a deal can be brokered, its memorialized in writing, you cooperate in the prosecution, and eventually your charges disappear.

Why? How?

You are immunized, and your issues are forgiven and forgotten ,after others are taken down.

*Cough bullshit cough*

Sorry I had something in my throat. Go with what armyjudge said. Only your lawyer can help you if at all.

Back