support reduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.

UWASP1

can anyone tell me if i can file a reduction of support myself and what form i would need? my divorce was in new jersey but i live in fla and my pay is only 25% of what it use to be... any help would be appreciated,,,
e-mail uwasp1@aol.com

Ifr you moved and took a voluntary reduction in income then you may not get a reduction but you could try. The state that holds the order now has jurisdiction so you'll have to go to that states CS website to see how reductions are handled but you living out of state it may be more challenging for you.

well when i got the divorce all claims to alimony were waived and it sait it was a permanant nature...after i moved to florida she went back and had it redone and i was in default cause i could not make it back up to nj for court...they went by my pay that i had up there... i did speak to the judge in his chamber by phone and they knew my pay was reduced but didnt take that into consideration..

Are you talking about child support or alimony? I am confused. If you did not show for a haring though and you were served, you obviously lost in default. You have alot of issues here and you need to hire an attorney in that state.

im talking spousel support... im just cant believe a final divorce waiving all claims to support is not a binding contract....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back