Sugery Center Misquoted Cost Asking for more $

Status
Not open for further replies.

djeecole

I received a letter today stating that the original quote I was given for my daughter's surgery was incorrect and that although I had agreed to pay $1700, this amount was actually a little over $500 short. The shortage had nothing to do with extra charges which occurred during surgery, nor did it have to do with insurance payments, simply I had been misquoted and they were "unsure why." Am I legally resposible to pay the remainder? The agreement that I signed does say charges may be more according to what the insurance pays or according to extra charges resulting from unexpected surgery charges, however says nothing about the price going up because of a misquote. I think what frustrated me is the letter plainly says I received a discount that I shouldn't received that is reserved only for those that have no insurance and who pay in full on the day of surgery. I would have been willing to charge the full amount the day of to save the $500 and although I am sympathetic to those who are not insured, it angers me that the price is less for those who don't carry any and I am penalized for having some. It states in the original agreement that of course they can turn me over to collections if I don't pay. I plan to write a letter, but am not sure what angle to approach it from. Any ideas?? :nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back