Suffolk county Said I still owe, Florida said I paid in full- Child support

Status
Not open for further replies.

4nick

I need help with suffolk county CSEB - in 1993 the suffolk county child support enforcment unit transferd the case to Pinellas county FL. at that time $16,384.77 was due in current support as well as arrearage and interest amount. This child support was for child birth date of 6/3/77. I diligently paid this support off with Income deductions as well as tax returns being applied to support due. Finally July 30th of 2002 this was paid in full. My employer and I received a letter from the clerk of the circuit court of Pinellas county Stating "The arrears have been paid if full. Please discontinue withholding the arrears payment of $ ALL DEDUCTIONS"

On 10/7/02 the fun begins: my employer receives and income deduction order from Suffolk county: Same Child Same original amount and the funny thing is next wherever my name is printed the words DONOTUSE appear. I hired an attorney in Suffolk county to look into this – He has since disappeared. I did not hear anything more until I received this notice on April 3, 2003 stating :

IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF THE SIXTH
JUDICIAL CIRCUIT OF THE STATE OF FLORIDA
IN AND FOR PINELLAS COUNTY
CIRCUIT CIVIL NUMBER: 91-019969-CI-012

STATE OF FLORIDA DEPARTMENT
OF REVENUE ON BEHALF OF
Petitioner,
Vs.

NICHOLAS ,
Respondent.

This cause came on to be heard on 02/14/2003 by the undersigned hearing officer, who does hereby recommend the entry of an order removing this case from court supervision.

ORDER REMOVING CASE FROM COURT SUPERVISION AND REMOVING DOR AS A PARTY AND DIRECTIONS TO CLERK AND DISMISSAL.

THE CASE IS HERBY DISMISSED WITHOUT PREJUDICE.

DONE AND ORDERED IN OPEN COURT IN PINELLAS COUNTY FLORIDA, THIS APR 03 2003

I thought this was the end of it, until November 2003 my employer received a new income deduction order. I do not know where to go and what to do. Has anyone ever heard of such a thing.

Similar situation

I've had a similar experience, whereas I, being the non custodial parent have been paying child support for over 5 years. Now in the 6th year, I received notification from the Suffolk County CSEB stating I'm in arrears, and now being uunemployed, while they're still taking support funds from my unemployment checks, I've not applied for a downward modification, am paying more than necessary. Meanwhile, I've also been paying for 2 children when only one has been eligible for support since the oldest' birthday as of Dec.1'03, just over a year, and now I'm told I'm still in arrears, all while this has been done automatically through the court system and CSEB, they have total control over the deductions and payments, how then can I be in arrears??? :( .
In the interim, they've contacted the NYS Motor Vehicles Bureau, suspending my license; how can this be done to someone who's been paying all these years, and having no control over these payments, how did I get in arrears since they control it all, and what did they expect me to do about it when its automatic, and furthermore, why was my Lic. suspended while I was still paying. Once I contacted them, continuously for over a year now, requested an audit, and still no determination, no contact, til I constantly called them, disputing claim, requesting info, non forthcoming, still my Lic. is suspended, as if I've been found guilty of something, or am a deadbeat dad trying to avoid supporting my girls. It has now become critical as job offers are pending, but because I cannot get a license in another state, far reaching arms of the legal system, it has become counter-productive, no license, no job, no child support.
To say the least, the system is broken, archaic, and totally inadequate. Something needs to be done, especially on behalf of those non custodial parents who care about their children, have a good relationship with them, and want to get on with their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back