Permanent Residency SUDAN TPS to Green Card Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndugo

My jurisdiction is: New York City, NY

Hello. I'm a Sudanese citizen living in the US under TPS. I know that it's not possible to file for Adjustment of Status through TPS, but i sense that there are aspects of my situation that are unique. Here's my situation:

- I have maintained continuous legal residence in the US since August 1995. I came to the US as an F-1 student, then moved to TPS in 1997, and renewed TPS status since then. I have never left US soil.

- I have lived in the US longer than I have lived in Sudan, my country of citizenship. (14 years vs 6 years).

- No criminal record. No arrests.

- I am a US college graduate, a web professional, but never pursued adjustment of status through employment.

Does my situation, as stated above, offer any advantage in moving from TPS to Green Card?

Your situation is unique, having been granted a TPS. There are many people who have completely clean records. I don't know the answer to this question and if you have other special circumstances, an employment attorney will be in the best position to ask you all the right questions to determine whether there are factors present that may benefit you. I confess that I know immigration law generally but am not an every day practitioner that I can provide guidance in your special situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back