Sucker punch

Pinn

Jurisdiction
Ohio
Not sure if this is the right area to ask this question, but here it goes. I was recently sucker punched from behind while at work and on the clock by a guy that was pissed that I was sleeping with his ex. The punch resulted in two breaks in my jaw requiring surgery. I also received three stiches by my eye from the same punch. One of the breaks was fixed with a metal plate while the other break needs to heal on its own. My jaw was wired shut for several weeks in which I lost 30 pounds. The man took off and drove away immediately after punching me. The man has also been rumored to have done mma fighting in the past. Raising the question are or were his hands registered as lethal weapons? There was several witnesses to the assault. As of yet no police report has been filed. My questions are what should be my next move? If I was to sue what kind of compensation am I looking at?

As of yet no police report has been filed. My questions are what should be my next move?

Are you nuts?

You call the police first thing tomorrow and report this. Make sure you provide the police the names, addresses and phone numbers of your witnesses.

If I was to sue what kind of compensation am I looking at?

Between a dollar and a gazillion dollars. No way to predict. I suggest you see a personal injury attorney.

LOL... registering hands as lethal weapons? I'm a certified fourth degree black belt in Taekwondo and the only registration I've had to do was with the Kukkiwon in Korea in order to obtain a really cool certificate and identification card. I almost feel like answering that I can't wear gloves in the winter because the law considers them concealed weapons, lol.

I almost feel like answering that I can't wear gloves in the winter because the law considers them concealed weapons, lol.

That, my friend, has to be one of the top ten answers of all time on this forum, maybe the entire internet!!!.
Thanks for the chuckle, Michael.

Raising the question are or were his hands registered as lethal weapons?

Since it is a myth created by fiction that this is ever a requirement, I think it is quite safe to say no, they are and were not.

So file a police report. No one can do it for you. Whether you are entitled to any compensation from him for medical bills is difficult to say. You can certainly sue him civilly for damages.

Back