Arrest, Search, Seizure, Warrant Subpoenaed and unwilling to testify.

Bigblockblair

Hey All, A subpoena was issued to me for a criminal matter involving my girlfriend. I don't want to testify against her, but, I dont want to get myself in trouble with the authorities. My recollection of this incident is not clear to me, and not clear enough to give an actual statement before the court. And should I have legal council representing me also? When this stastatement was taken, I was under the influence and very inaccurate with all of the details described in the report.

Hey All, A subpoena was issued to me for a criminal matter involving my girlfriend. I don't want to testify against her, but, I dont want to get myself in trouble with the authorities. My recollection of this incident is not clear to me, and not clear enough to give an actual statement before the court. And should I have legal council representing me also? When this stastatement was taken, I was under the influence and very inaccurate with all of the details described in the report.

Don't play that game.
Things will end badly for you.
You can't refuse to appear without jeopardizing your freedom.
Just appear as ordered and tell the truth.

Go to court & tell the truth as you know it/remember it.

Answer with yes or no replies. If you don't want to hurt her you can give no details not requested a simple yes or no will suffice and keep you out of trouble

Back