Subletting without a contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

daslicious

Hi, thanks for reading, I'll get right to the point.

My two roommates and I live in an apartment and pay cash every month to the person who's name is on the lease.

The other roommates will move out in 4 months thus making me the only occupant.

I want to stay but would also like the lease to be in my name. Is there a smooth way to do that?

Hi, thanks for reading, I'll get right to the point.

My two roommates and I live in an apartment and pay cash every month to the person who's name is on the lease.

The other roommates will move out in 4 months thus making me the only occupant.

I want to stay but would also like the lease to be in my name. Is there a smooth way to do that?

I suggest you acquire your OWN apartment in YOUR name.

I won't BORE you with the why, but you are at great risk by subletting.

Use the time remaining to secure an apartment in your name.

If that can't happen, investigate long term hotels that allow you to pay by the week or the month.

They are better value for your money, and offer you more security.

Subletting is very, very risky for long-term living.

Sublets are useful, in some cases, for short (30-90 day) stays.

Otherwise, avoid subletting.

Why? Because there is no safe way to sublet. That's why i suggest you investigate long-term stay hotel accommodations.

Google the term "long-term stay hotel accommodations IN YOUR CITY" and inform yourself.

Thanks army judge, if anybody has any other thoughts regarding my question, I would be pleased to hear.

You can discuss assuming the lease from the person that sublets to you. However to do that, you'll need to involve the property owner or landlord. Talk to the person you pay, but the owner must approve the lease. The person from whom you sublet might not even be allowed to sublet, hence the risk. Start with the person subletting to you, to see if he or she will work with you and the landlord to get the lease in your name. You accomplish that, you've protected yourself by NOT being in a sublet position. You'll also have a lease in YOUR name alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back