Student loan

Adoda1

Jurisdiction
Illinois
I was married to an alcoholic, whom is also a lol or officer. During our marriage I was in nursing school, which he would pay for. He was verbally abusive and eventually physically and calling the police was like calling for back up for him. One night he said he was tired of paying for my school and we discussed getting a private loan. He said I can use him as a cosigner and to just do it. I used the money primarily to pay for school and to feed and clothe myself and my son for the las year of nursing school.now I am divorced and I pay for the loan.my ex husband is now threatening to file charges against me for Taking out the loan because I will be taking him to court due to him not wanting to pay half of our sons childcare/ school fees. What Can i do?

I was married to an alcoholic, whom is also a lol or officer. During our marriage I was in nursing school, which he would pay for. He was verbally abusive and eventually physically and calling the police was like calling for back up for him. One night he said he was tired of paying for my school and we discussed getting a private loan. He said I can use him as a cosigner and to just do it. I used the money primarily to pay for school and to feed and clothe myself and my son for the las year of nursing school.now I am divorced and I pay for the loan.my ex husband is now threatening to file charges against me for Taking out the loan because I will be taking him to court due to him not wanting to pay half of our sons childcare/ school fees. What Can i do?

Only you know what you did.
I suspect he thinks you forged HIS name on your loan papers.
Of corse he can contest it, IF he's right.
A simple handwriting exemplar will prove who's right, and who's lying.
All anyone can do is don't play fast and lose with the law, don't lie under oath in court, and try to defend yourself if he complains to the police.

I suggest you hope for the best, while preparing for the worst.

Back