K Visa Stuck at petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefulwaiting

Hi guys. Somebody please help us. My fiance was about to file for the K1 petition, when yesterday we got a bad news about his job. His company laid off 100 employees and he was one of them. So now he has to do his biometric data form G325A all over again, with the entry of his new employee. Here's where the problem is. While he was at his previous firm he had already applied for leave in December and first two weeks of Jan to come visit me, here in Mumbai. We've already met once before in the month of May this year and had a traditional Christian engagement ceremony here as is the custom. So anyway, no firm would want to hire someone who wants to take leave so soon after joining work. So he thinks he should work for this placement service that got him his previous job, it's like a contractor, and mark them on the G325A as his current employees, and then when he goes back from his trip over here, he can take up a proper full time job. My worry is, will a contract type work affect our chances of getting the petition approved? We're really worried as to what to do. Please suggest us something workable. Should we go ahead with the petition like that or should we wait until after his trip to file the forms? Thank you. Please help us!

Last edited:
Why can he not negotiate his vacation when he is placed with a new employer? Companies can be flexible. I would bring this situation up during the placement to see what the placement company says. If they don't see this as a positive thing to do, then I would consult with an immigration attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back