stubborn tenant

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerseyjoek

I moved to PA last year and rented out my house in Florida to a handicapped section 8 tenant. I'd like to start showing the house before her lease is up on 10/1/01.
After failing to pay the security deposit and only half of her 2nd months rent,letting the house deteriorate (neglected pool to the point of ruin, tore out hundreds of dollars worth of landscaping, burying junk cars in the two feet of unkempt lawn, etc.) she is refusing to let any agents in to show the house! Can she do that?
The Section 8 people have been no help and aside from not looking forward to a vacant house I fear I will never recoup ANY of the money that I'm owed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanx,
Joe
:confused:

Why don't you evict her? Additionally, isn't there something in the lease that would allow you to enter?

Be very careful with Section 8 housing. If I remember correctly from my prior experience with it, you should have a special Section 8 agreement and you may be required to give them notice. This would mean more than a phone call that puts someone on notice. Before you do anything you should read that lease very carefully, as well as the rider if there is one. It may state explicit procedures that you might have to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back