Straw purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivebeenused

About 16 months ago a car dealership walked me into a straw purchase, at the time i was unaware that this was illegal. So my friend made the payments an the care for the past 14 months but now he has gone missing. his brother filed a missing persons report at which time his girlfriend told us he was at work. His work was contacted and he hasn't been there in a week. Come saturday a payment is due or ill take a 30 day hit on my credit, is there any way to postpone this? Should i report the car stolen and if so what should i tell the officer?

About 16 months ago a car dealership walked me into a straw purchase, at the time i was unaware that this was illegal. So my friend made the payments an the care for the past 14 months but now he has gone missing. his brother filed a missing persons report at which time his girlfriend told us he was at work. His work was contacted and he hasn't been there in a week. Come saturday a payment is due or ill take a 30 day hit on my credit, is there any way to postpone this? Should i report the car stolen and if so what should i tell the officer?

You own a car, like it or not.

It isn't a straw purchase, it is real.

If the car isn't stolen, you're making more trouble for yourself by saying it is.

Find the car and get it, if it is in your name.

In the meantime, I suggest you make the payment on the car that legally you own.

You knew what you were doing at teh time you did it.

You know why you did it.

Now, you're about to see why people don't do this crap.

It is, by the very definition, a straw purchase. Yeah, I know its real. I know financial responsibility falls on me. I know WHY i did it, i was trying to help a friend who's brother had just been killed in an auto accident. I wasn't asking you to question why i did it or tell me i own a car... i was asking if there was anyway to postpone the payment or if i should report it stolen. So you answered one of my questions...

Straw purchase or not, your are responsible for the payment. If you feel something is not valid then resolve it in court- but you better make your payment in the mean time.

If you try to report it stolen I doubt you would get an officer to even take the report.... because from what you say it is not stolen.

You need to repossess the vehicle. Keep an eye on the girlfriend's house and tow the car away as soon as it shows up. Talk this over with the tow company beforehand and show proof of ownership so he can do the repo quickly and not congregate around the vehicle and start a big confrontation.

Nobody is that hard to find these days. Use the information you have to locate her and you will soon locate him as well as your vehicle.
When it comes time, do not renew the registration. The car may eventually get towed, and you will owe the bill, but at least you will have the car back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back