Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Store security agent arrested after CHASING alleged shoplifter in his personal automobile.

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
Texas
A crash that slowed traffic in Killeen Monday started with a theft from a nearby store, according to police.

Prior to the accident, a shoplifter fled a store and was chased by an employee, who was attempting to identify the shoplifter, Killeen police Commander Jeff Donahue said Tuesday.

The two parties got into a crash near the 3600 block of E Central Texas Expressway in front of Freedom Jeep Chrysler.

The employee of the store was arrested and charged with reckless driving, and the shoplifting is still under investigation, police said.

KPD: Killeen wreck caused after employee chased after shoplifter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 4
Wouldn't surprise me if the employee got fired. The employer could be liable for the acts of the employee and the employer's insurance people aren't going to be happy about the potential claim payment.

I can pretty much guarantee employee will be fired. NO retailer ANYWHERE to my knowledge allows the pursuit of a shoplifter in any car much less their own.

Wouldn't surprise me if the employee got fired. The employer could be liable for the acts of the employee and the employer's insurance people aren't going to be happy about the potential claim payment.

The employer is almost certainly on the hook for the damages caused in the wreck. He was pursuing the alleged shoplifter while working for his employer and apparently within the scope of his employment.

The employee certainly ought to be fired so that the employer won't face the risk that the employee will do something else stupid for which the employer would have to pay.

My assumption is that it is some small mom & pop type shop. It is hard to imagine anyone employed by a large retailer doing this these days.

My assumption is that it is some small mom & pop type shop. It is hard to imagine anyone employed by a large retailer doing this these days.

There was a "limited" update on this report today.

It seems the crazy culprit was "relative" of a store employee.

Takes "family" to another level, doesn't it? :)

No names released. update was very sketchy, which in these here parts means the person(s) is/are connected or IMPOTENT FOLKS in these here parts!

IMPOTENT like can't perform or IM POH TENT like good ole boys?

:D

Yes sirree, youse bees correck.

I once had a client way back in my early days practicing civilian law GIFTED to me off of the county jail docket call by a district court judge liked by few. LOL

I met the guy at county jail to introduce myself and hear his story.
He was charged with five armed robberies of convenience stores.
After the usual hello, my name is stuff, he said, "This case gonna make you famous 'cause I is verry IMPOTENT peepulls!"

It was all I could do NOT to laugh.
To avoid that I came back with, "Today is my lucky day."
Guy laughed, and all was well.

I enjoy sneaking IMPOTENT in my posts as a substitute for IMPORTANT, and when I do, I remember my guy.

Back