Stolen Tickets, Stubhub will Not Refund Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse255

I purchased two tickets from Stubhub. The tickets cost $400. The tickets were a gift for my sister, therefore, I had them mailed to her home. Fed Ex claims that they left the tickets on her front door. She was not home at the time, and the tickets were stolen. I called Stubhub to see if the tickets could be reprinted. They informed me that the tickets could not be reprinted. I asked them if they could refund my money. They informed me that since seven days had passed since the time of purchase, they could not refund my money. I called the credit card company to see if the money could be recovered. However, they informed that they do not cover purchases that were mailed through Fed Ex, the post office, or UPS. I did not get to attend the show. Other individuals attended the show with my stolen tickets, and got to see the show for free, and I am also out $400. It is not right. My sister filed a police report, however, they were not able to find out who stole the tickets. On the internet, there are numerous claims from individuals who have not received their tickets from Stubhub, and whose money has not been refunded. I do not understand how this company is still in business, and continues to steal money from individuals like myself. Is there anything I can do to receive the money that I spent on the tickets? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I suppose you can try and take them to small claims court, but unless they make a promise or guarantee that their tickets will arrive on time and in your hot little hands, I can't see that they can be held liable for any theft of the tickets after they have been sent out.

I seem to recall that when I bought some tickets through Stubhub last year, I had the option for the package to require a signature ... I could be mistaken. If this option WAS available, and you opted not to use it (or pay for it) then that would only further diminish an already nominal claim of liability.

Yes, it sucks. But, there may be nothing you can do about it.

- Carl

I still do not see how this is stub hubs fault. You mailed the tickets, they were left and somebody stolen them. It is very risky to mail tickets in the first place. Most of the time concert tickets cannot be reprinted when stolen.

I did not mail the tickets, Stubhub mailed them. I had Stubhub mail them to my sister's home. A signature was not requested. I was not asked by Stubhub if I could request a signature or not. Stubhub does not require that Fed Ex request a signature. On the Fed Ex tracking form, it states "signature not requested".

I did not mail the tickets, Stubhub mailed them. I had Stubhub mail them to my sister's home. A signature was not requested. I was not asked by Stubhub if I could request a signature or not. Stubhub does not require that Fed Ex request a signature. On the Fed Ex tracking form, it states "signature not requested".
Once they mailed it, they are not responsible for it. They apparently had a policy in place for refunds and this fell outside of it.

Sorry, but they just are not liable for theft.

You can take them to small claims court if you wish. Good luck with that.

It's a pisser, but it's not Stubhub's fault. They did not commit any act of negligence, nor did they apparently make any unfulfilled promises.

- Carl

still I do not see how Stubhub is at fault. You requested they mail the tickets and that is what they did. I have sold tickets on stubhub before and I do not remember if I was offered a signature option or not.

Stub hub could have @ least insured the package w/ Fedex
They COULD have insured them ... but they did not have to do so. They could have also sent them by bonded courier ... but they did not have to.

What they COULD have done, and what they are required to do are separate issues.

How many of us get insured deliveries if we order from Walmart.com? Even dell.com? And different delivery companies have different delivery options. If we don't inquire, and are concerned, then we shouldn't order.

Stubhub did nothing wrong here. If they were to choose to compensate the OP that would be a wonderfully benevolent gesture on their part, but not something they have to do.

- Carl

They could at least have offered me the option to request a signature. I would have certainly requested a signature, if they had offered it to me. The least Stubhub could have done was refund my money. There are numerous complaints regarding Stubhub on the web. Individuals who never received their tickets, or whose tickets were supposedly left under the mat when they were not home. One lady claims that they told her that they had left the tickets under the mat, when there is no mat. I don't know if Stubhub or Fed Ex is to blame. One thing is for sure, I will never be purchasing tickets from them again.

They could at least have offered me the option to request a signature.
Maybe they could have. But, they didn't, you didn't ask, and they were under no obligation to do so. If such a delivery method is not available from them, then you had the right to obtain the tickets elsewhere.

The least Stubhub could have done was refund my money. There are numerous complaints regarding Stubhub on the web.
There are numerous complaints against ANYONE and EVERYTHING on the web. I've used Stubhub before, and was not happy with the tickets received ... but, that was through no fault of Stubhub's. They fulfilled their obligation to me. Will I use them again? Probably not. But, I got the tickets when they said I would, so they did their part.

I don't know if Stubhub or Fed Ex is to blame.
Since Stubhub doesn't deliver, I'd guess that would have been FedEx.

One thing is for sure, I will never be purchasing tickets from them again.
And, THAT is your most obvious recourse in all this.

- Carl

There are complaints about every company on the web. It does not mean they are legit. Leaving tix under a mat when there is no mat sounds like a shipping issue. If you do not like them, then don't buy from them again and buy your tickets locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back