Stolen money

MARY JO HAIRE

Jurisdiction
Maryland
My brother was PR of parents Estate he forged documents and stole hundreds of thousands of dollars in cash and stock assetts. He has been removed as PR per court order. One account he stole from is not considered part of the Estate because it does not include All Heirs names. My Dad's primary checking account was in my Dad's name, my brother, (former PR), my youngest brothers name and myself. My brother the PR, wrote himself a check for 97 thousand dollars and cashed it 5 days after my father's passing. We did not discover this until he was removed as PR because he refused to share any documents with them 3 other heirs or his own Attorney's. Which he is on his 3rd the others withdrew when he refused to cope rate and was caught writing checks from Estate account for his personal bills. My question is since we also owned the bank account can we press criminal criminal charges for the theft and forgery? Suing him in civil out means nothing he will just hide his money and claim he cannot pay and a lien on his property means nothing until he sells the property. There has to be some legal way to make him put the funds back. Any guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. I spent 49K dollars in legal fees to get him removed as PR. I have no money left to hire a lawyer again.

Back