Stipulation and Order, RE: QDRO along with some other forms

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Some background. Divorced several years ago.
Part of the Stipulated Judgement was to cash out part of my 401k and give to her. I paid the taxes on it.
She agreed to do a QDRO later to get the rest of her share.

Now, several years later, I received some packets of court papers and I'm not quite sure what it all means...Both packets are for me to sign and return.
First packet:
Stipulation and Judgement RE: Qualified Domestic Relations Order

Second packet: Contains
FL-117 (Notice and acknowledgement of receipt),
FL-375 (summons (joinder)),
FL-370 (Pleading on Joinder),
FL-372 (request for joinder of employee benefit plan and order)

One questions. What do all these forms mean??? None of these packets explain our initial agreement about the partial cash out.

Some background. Divorced several years ago.
Part of the Stipulated Judgement was to cash out part of my 401k and give to her. I paid the taxes on it.
She agreed to do a QDRO later to get the rest of her share.

Now, several years later, I received some packets of court papers and I'm not quite sure what it all means...Both packets are for me to sign and return.
First packet:
Stipulation and Judgement RE: Qualified Domestic Relations Order

Second packet: Contains
FL-117 (Notice and acknowledgement of receipt),
FL-375 (summons (joinder)),
FL-370 (Pleading on Joinder),
FL-372 (request for joinder of employee benefit plan and order)

One questions. What do all these forms mean??? None of these packets explain our initial agreement about the partial cash out.

If you are asked to sign ANYTHING you don't fully understand, don't sign.
Do visit an attorney you TRUST, have the attorney review the documents and advise you what you're agreeing to do, what will be done to you, have done to you, what signing the documents will cost you, what you will receive by signing the documents, what you will forego by signing the documents, or what you will refrain from doing if you sign the documents.

I urge you to take ALL of the documents to an attorney of your choosing.
Buy 30 to 60 minutes (you may need more) of the attorney's time before you do or sign anything.
Many attorneys will do a free cursory review of the documents and advise you as to potential next steps.
Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back