Permanent Residency still waiting for green card, need advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainyseason73

Hi,
I've posted here before and got good advice so I thought I would try again on our newest concern. Briefly:
I lived and worked in Slovakia for a while, met my now wife there. We came here for a Christmas (2003) visit, with her on a tourist visa and decided on a whim to stay. We ended up getting married in May of '04 and filing for change of status and all of the accompanying petitions shortly thereafter (June, I think.) At the time we were staying in Nashville, Tn, then later moved to Va. and just last month moved to Chicago, but we filed the AR-11 and properly noted our change of adress each time. After many many months of waiting we finally got our interview on Feb. 20, 2006 in Charlotte, NC. Somehow we overlooked the I-64 affidavit of support but were told by the interviewing officer that he would approve us and that her green card would be processed as soon as we provided that document and that we should have it within 30 days or something like that. I sent the I-64 via certified mail two days later. Now three months have passed and she still hasn't gotten her green card and there has been no word at all and when we check the status online at uscis.gov, the last recorded activity is the receipt of biometrics in Aug. 2004. We are a little worried because the interviewing officer kept our invitation receipt to the interview and we don't really have anything to show for our having to go there. It seems like we should have received some kind of notification by now. I called the cis 800 number and filed a non-delivery report and the operator said that we should be contacted within 30 days. That was April 19 and still nothing.
Here is my biggest concern:
Her temporary work authorization card expires Aug. 01, last year we had to file for renewal of it in early April in order to get it in time. We expressed this concern to the interviewing officer and he assured us that she should have her permanent resident status by then. I remember it costing something like $200 dollars and hoped we would not have to pay this for a third time. Should we just suck it up, write the check and file for renewal again and hope it gets filed in time or do we have any other recourse?
Is it normal to have to wait this long after the interview for the green card?
Is there anything we can do to get attention brought to our case, because calling the 800 number doesn't seem to help at all.
She just started a very good job here at the beginning of the month and is very worried about losing it because of not getting her work authorization renewed in time.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice you can give. Please let me know if there's any important info i left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back