Stent failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karrey

Jurisdiction
Ohio
On September 30, 2018, I had a heart attack and was life flighted to a major hospital where I had 2 stents put in for a 100% blockage in one of the main arteries in my heart. I stayed in the hospital until tuesday and after running tests, I was told that my heart was functioning with an ejection fraction rate of 55%, which is in the normal range. After being home until saturday, I started to have unstable chest pains, was again taken to the same hospital, (no heart attack), but received another stent in another artery that had a 70% blockage. I stayed in there until thursday evening. I felt sick from the ride home that evening and woke up with extreme heartburn the next morning. At 8pm that night, I suffered another, more extreme, heart attack and went into full cardiac arrest. I was sent to a different hospital this time and after going through another heart cath to save my life, I was told that all 3 of my stents were "improperly placed". All three of them were blocked by blood clots and were not expanded. All three had failed and the damage to my heart is now in the heart failure range. My ejection fraction rate went from normal to 30-35%, which is moderate to severe heart failure.

You did not ask a question.

If you intend to seek some compensation through legal action you are going to require legal counsel. Much more information is required than you will be able to provide here.

It sounds as if you may have something to work with, but it is a lengthy process ahead to sort it all out. Hopefully the 2nd doctor is correct about the improper treatment you received and it can be supported with ample evidence.

On September 30, 2018, I had a heart attack and was life flighted to a major hospital where I had 2 stents put in for a 100% blockage in one of the main arteries in my heart. I stayed in the hospital until tuesday and after running tests, I was told that my heart was functioning with an ejection fraction rate of 55%, which is in the normal range. After being home until saturday, I started to have unstable chest pains, was again taken to the same hospital, (no heart attack), but received another stent in another artery that had a 70% blockage. I stayed in there until thursday evening. I felt sick from the ride home that evening and woke up with extreme heartburn the next morning. At 8pm that night, I suffered another, more extreme, heart attack and went into full cardiac arrest. I was sent to a different hospital this time and after going through another heart cath to save my life, I was told that all 3 of my stents were "improperly placed". All three of them were blocked by blood clots and were not expanded. All three had failed and the damage to my heart is now in the heart failure range. My ejection fraction rate went from normal to 30-35%, which is moderate to severe heart failure.

I'll pray for you to fully recover.

God bless you, @Karrey .

Interesting story. Hard to believe it all happened within the last couple weeks and you're posting on a legal message board.

But you didn't ask a question, so I'm not sure what the purpose of your post is.

Hi, I apologize for not posting my question. I am considering seeking legal counsel to find out if this was some sort of malpractice. I am an active, on the go mother of 3 active boys and our lives have been turned upsidedown by this whole ordeal. Having to live my life from this moment forward in heart failure is a really tough pill to swallow. That is the only reason I am on this forum right now. I just really want to find out what others may think of the whole thing. My cardiologist has never seen such a thing and he stated to me, my family, and in my chart that the stents were improperly placed and deflated. So, the question is...do I possibly have a case for monetary compensation?

.do I possibly have a case for monetary compensation?

I suggest you speak to at least five LOCAL TO YOU medical malpractice attorneys.

Most attorneys will meet with you to evaluate your case and advise you as how you might proceed.

Many medical malpractice attorneys will even come to the hospital, rehab facility, or to your home if you are too ill to travel.

I am considering seeking legal counsel to find out if this was some sort of malpractice. . . . So, the question is...do I possibly have a case for monetary compensation?

That's what you'll find out if/when you consult with a medical malpractice attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back