Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks Stealing and cashing money orders?

Jurisdiction
Florida
Regardless of how I explain this, deep down I knew what she was doing. So I am just as guilty. But I am wondering what my options are, and what could happen to me.
I have NEVER been arrested or even got a traffic ticket. EVER. I'm 27. I am a single mom of beautiful children.
To make a long story short.....
I was a Property Manager. And I had a leasing Manager. People would pay their rent in money orders and sometimes not fill it in. So blank...sometimes with stub attached and sometimes without. And hand it over. Originally I never thought she was stealing. But in the end I knew, said something to my COO and she did not believe me. So it continued over a 3 month course. But in the beginning she was giving them to me and asking me to cash them. She was busy at work etc, and needed the money. She originally told me they were her child support payments. (Like i said i eventually caught on) But she was getting very sloppy in the end and they figured it out. After I knew what she was doing for sure, I stopped cashing them. But prior to that, I had already cashed $9000 worth at my bank. I told my COO she didn't believe me...and never brought it back up. She continued on her own. They found out when one of the tenants came in saying she paid rent but was getting a 3 day notice. Then they really started investigating. Now they have found EVERYTHING. Ive tried to explain everything to them, and point out that I told them she was stealing but they want no part of it. I was very stupid to have done anything for her. And wondering what i could be facing now? Is it grand theft?
This was all over a 6 months period. We had been working together for awhile so we always did stuff for each other so it wasn't unusual to do her a favor or vice versa. If that makes sense.
Thanks

Regardless of how I explain this, deep down I knew what she was doing. So I am just as guilty. But I am wondering what my options are, and what could happen to me.
I have NEVER been arrested or even got a traffic ticket. EVER. I'm 27. I am a single mom of beautiful children.
To make a long story short.....
I was a Property Manager. And I had a leasing Manager. People would pay their rent in money orders and sometimes not fill it in. So blank...sometimes with stub attached and sometimes without. And hand it over. Originally I never thought she was stealing. But in the end I knew, said something to my COO and she did not believe me. So it continued over a 3 month course. But in the beginning she was giving them to me and asking me to cash them. She was busy at work etc, and needed the money. She originally told me they were her child support payments. (Like i said i eventually caught on) But she was getting very sloppy in the end and they figured it out. After I knew what she was doing for sure, I stopped cashing them. But prior to that, I had already cashed $9000 worth at my bank. I told my COO she didn't believe me...and never brought it back up. She continued on her own. They found out when one of the tenants came in saying she paid rent but was getting a 3 day notice. Then they really started investigating. Now they have found EVERYTHING. Ive tried to explain everything to them, and point out that I told them she was stealing but they want no part of it. I was very stupid to have done anything for her. And wondering what i could be facing now? Is it grand theft?
This was all over a 6 months period. We had been working together for awhile so we always did stuff for each other so it wasn't unusual to do her a favor or vice versa. If that makes sense.
Thanks
In a short answer, yes, you can be found to be complicit in the offense but... Your lack of knowledge may help you during a pre sentence investigation. You might be wise to call the prosecutors office and explain your involvement and offer your testimony against the girl in exchange for immunity. Only the prosecutor can offer you immunity, not the police.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I had already cashed $9000 worth at my bank

That's big time felony level and you can go to jail for a long, long time.

I suggest you hire yourself a good criminal defense attorney right NOW and stop talking about this to ANYBODY except the criminal defense attorney.

If ANYBODY tries to talk to you about this say "Sorry, I'm not going to discuss anything without my lawyer."

Watch these videos and learn why ANYTHING you say, even professing your innocence, can get you convicted.

(Then go to Amazon and buy his book.)

Ive already spoken with them, they are pursuing charges. But will not tell me the charges nor speak to me anymore. They said they are waiting for all the evidence. I am searching now for the right lawyer for myself. What are the chances of me getting house arrest or probation if they fin me guilty? I do not want to go to jail at all.

Back