Statutory rape laws and abortion laws for North Carolina

Ameliaaaaaaaab9

My boyfriend is 19 and I'm 15. I just found on pregnant. We live in North Carolina so age of consent is 16. Which I'm not. Is there any way around these laws if he gets arrested? If not what would happen? Would he be put in jail? (How long)? Known as a sex offender? Also abortion in nc has to have parent agreement? What the chances of a judge being able to let me have an abortion without my parents knowledge? Could I travel to another state with different abortion laws and have it done there ? What are the laws for this kind of problem? Also what are the chances he will not get arrested?

First off the there is no avenue for your BF to avoid the law if caught remove that from equation. Doing anything without your parents knowledge isnt going to happen either. If prosecuted your BF faces prison (they arent nice to child moles tors there) and lifetime registration as sex ofender

Your best option is to fill your parents in on what is going on. The longer it takes you to do that the harder it will be for you.
Don't think for a moment that you can keep this from them forever. Doctors, counselors and the like have legal obligations to report this. It will catch up eventually and you only do yourself harm by trying to conceal it. There will be an investigation. Nobody can predict the outcome.

Your abortion rights as a minor in NC:

If you are under 18 years old and want an abortion, one parent or guardian must give permission before you can get one.
This is called "parental consent."
If that's not possible, you are able to ask a judge for permission, or get special permission if it's an emergency.
This is called "judicial bypass."
In some cases, another adult relative may be able to provide consent for a woman under the age of 18 to obtain an abortion.
There is a 24-hour mandatory waiting period in your state before any teen mother "to be" can get an abortion.
NC does not provide Medicaid coverage for medically necessary abortions, except in instances of life endangerment to the woman, rape or incest.
If you need help paying for an abortion, call the National Abortion Federation Hotline at 1-800-772-9100, Monday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.; Saturday–Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time).
The hotline can tell you where and how to get financial help for an abortion anywhere in the U.S.A.

Okay, the legal stuff is out of the way.
Now, the father in me must beg you to speak with mom, dad, grandmother, grandfather, an adult aunt, an adult uncle, an adult cousin, or an adult teacher, counselor, or administrator at your school.
Please don't delay this conversation and it wold be best if you told your mother first.
You are going to become a mother sooner than you can imagine.
You can't rely on an adult male who impregnates little girls to get you through this.

In order to bypass the parental consent you must have a very compelling reason for doing so. Not wanting to tell them is not such a reason. Avoiding punishment is not a reason. Expect your parents to be upset and for there to be consequences but it is not something you can or should keep to yourself if you have any other option.

Also expect this irresponsible 19 year old to face serious consequences. You might think this is no big deal but it very much is. Normal 19 year olds do not go around impregnating 15 year olds. If he cared for you even a little bit he would wait until you were older to get involved, then make sure to take responsibility so that there are no unintended pregnancies.

Back