statute of limitations for a false ID charge as a minor

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteratx

what is the statute of limitations for a false ID charge as a minor? i have a case that the texas omnibase system pulled up from 1996 that I took care of then but they are saying that it was not taken care of... i don't know how I could go over 8 years without this pulling up since i've lived in austin.
any help would be of great value.
thanks,
peter

Old Tickets

There is no statute of limitaions since you were charged and found guilty. For some reason this type of situation is happening a lot in Texas recently. They must be adding a lot of old information into the database.

Unless you can prove that you appeared in court or paid the ticket then you will have to pay it again. The clerk of the court will have a copy of the sign in sheet from your court date if you went to court. If you paid maybe you can obtain a copy of that amount being written out of your checking account.

Realistically you are SOL and just need to go ahead and send them another money order. If your license has been suspended you will have to go to the DMV also. Sorry.

I've been in contact with a local law firm who has checked in to the case, and found out that I had originally pleaded not guilty, then never showed up for the hearing. They've moved forward with a letter of representation to change my plea to guilty. Now I will have to pay the fine, but I won't get my license suspended.... I just find it interesting that I could renew my drivers license 4 times, clear up multiple other tickets, ect.. and this never came up (over an 8 year time span). It's just a wonder to me that this was for something small - just imagine how many larger violations that some how gets lost in the system...
Thanks for the reply. I'll keep you all posted on the current status if anything changes.
-peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back