Criminal Trials, Hearings Statute of limitation for Failure to appear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austinmatthews

9/12/2000 I was pulled over in Lavon, TX. This little town is known for being a speed trap and has been on national television for selling drugs and weapons, seized in raids and traffic stops, to underage children at one time. They are basically the typical small town problem makers you see on TV, except for real in this case, that gives all the small towns in the South a bad name. I was pulled over for doing 60mph. that's what I was told when I asked the officer. I pointed out that I had been in a 60mph zone and was not breaking hte law and that he should not have pulled me over at all. He agreed, and asked for my insurance proof. I asked him if he was going to shoot me if I reached for my insurance paperwork in my glove box. he said that I better not try and reach in the glove box to get my insureance form. Then he wrote me a ticket for failure to present insurance. I missed my court date by accident. I forgot. so I showed up at the next court date and had the ticket dismissed, by presenting my proof of insurance. They told me I would go to jail if I did not agree to pay a fine for failure to appear. I agreed and paid a partial payment. They said I only owed another $70. I paid that by money order, via mail. Now I have received a letter postdated 3/28/2005 stating that I still owe them another $160 and that they have issued a warrant for my arrest. Well. I al;ready paid them. Second, I would like to know if there is a statute of limitations on the failure to appear. Any help from anyone at this point is greatly appreciated. I'd like to get this taken care of and see how to go about getting their crokked city hall disbanded, as well as their crooked police department. My suspicion is that they have to write people up for erroneous charges in order to fund said crooked police department and city hall.

heya Austin

For only $160, my suggestion is that you pay it and simply move on with your life. If you don't, they could possibly issue a warrant for your arrest. Please let me know what has transpired since your last submission.

Austinmatthews said:
9/12/2000 I was pulled over in Lavon, TX. This little town is known for being a speed trap and has been on national television for selling drugs and weapons, seized in raids and traffic stops, to underage children at one time. They are basically the typical small town problem makers you see on TV, except for real in this case, that gives all the small towns in the South a bad name. I was pulled over for doing 60mph. that's what I was told when I asked the officer. I pointed out that I had been in a 60mph zone and was not breaking hte law and that he should not have pulled me over at all. He agreed, and asked for my insurance proof. I asked him if he was going to shoot me if I reached for my insurance paperwork in my glove box. he said that I better not try and reach in the glove box to get my insureance form. Then he wrote me a ticket for failure to present insurance. I missed my court date by accident. I forgot. so I showed up at the next court date and had the ticket dismissed, by presenting my proof of insurance. They told me I would go to jail if I did not agree to pay a fine for failure to appear. I agreed and paid a partial payment. They said I only owed another $70. I paid that by money order, via mail. Now I have received a letter postdated 3/28/2005 stating that I still owe them another $160 and that they have issued a warrant for my arrest. Well. I al;ready paid them. Second, I would like to know if there is a statute of limitations on the failure to appear. Any help from anyone at this point is greatly appreciated. I'd like to get this taken care of and see how to go about getting their crokked city hall disbanded, as well as their crooked police department. My suspicion is that they have to write people up for erroneous charges in order to fund said crooked police department and city hall.
I agree with iwannahelpu. Think of it this way. If there was a statute of limitations for the above then people would just leave the state or not appear until the time for the state to prosecute was over. Should the state be required to spend thousands of dollars to chase after people who don't show up for appearances in court they know they must attend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back