Legal Malpractice statute of limitation calculation start time

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItalianCanine

I know the statute of limitation is three years, but I just discovered that my attorney lied about the mistake that she made. I had an accident with severe knee injury that arose from a skating accident. The defendant was the skating rink. My attorney did not serve the summons/complaint on the defendant. The court gave her 3-4 other times to get it served. However, she never served the defendant. She told the court that attempts were made. But the defendant gave affidavits stating that no one attempted to serve their company and someone was available. My case was dismissed. My attorney told me that she "could" file an appeal, but that it may get denied. I went to the archives at the courthouse recently and discovered that my attorney "did in fact" file an appeal, but it was denied. She filed the appeal and it was denied, then she met with me and said she "could" file an appeal. It is quite evident that my own attorney lied to me. My questions are: Can I start calculating the time for the statute of limitations the day I discovered my attorney had lied, that would be the time I discovered the wrongful conduct? Did my attorney violate any DC Laws, like she had a duty to me to be honest, communicate well and work diligently to represent me, my health and my interest?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back