Statue Of Limitations for tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

keanona77

When I was sixteen years old, I received a ticket for smoking on the train platform. I do believe this ticket was paid, however, I received a letter recently demanding payment for the ticket. Of course, since it was more than 10 years ago, I no longer have proof of the payment. Is there any statute of limitations of MTA tickets? Unfortunately, I cannot prove that the ticket was paid, but am I legally responsible for this ticket after 10 years?

keanona77 said:
When I was sixteen years old, I received a ticket for smoking on the train platform. I do believe this ticket was paid, however, I received a letter recently demanding payment for the ticket. Of course, since it was more than 10 years ago, I no longer have proof of the payment. Is there any statute of limitations of MTA tickets? Unfortunately, I cannot prove that the ticket was paid, but am I legally responsible for this ticket after 10 years?

That's one I cannot answer but can tell you that parking tickets have no statute of limitations that I am aware of. I also don't know what state you are from and exactly what the MTA may be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back