Medical Malpractice Statue of Limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

phan4tin

The year is 1999, I did not have a job, and no money I could not finish my four years college degree. Furthermore, my mother wants to kick me out of the house, so she call the Police to arrest me. Instead of send me to jail, the police send me to the mental institution. Several days later, the doctors have diagnosed me with a Bipolar Disorder through several simple questions: "Have you heard voice in your head?" "Have you ever thought of killing yourself?" "Have you ever thinking of killing any one else?" I believe the answer is so obvious that I shouldn't write it down.
For the past four years, I have continued with my education and finish my four years degree and continue with my MS degree. The doctor has prescribed me with 3 pills a day for the disease. In March 2004, my doctor calls the Social Security Office and declared that I'm cure of the disease. However, a social worker thinks my doctor is making a mistake, so she sends me to another doctor for the evaluation. The date of the first evaluation was July/15/2004, and I miss it. Since that time, I haven't consulted any doctors and haven't taken any medication and the best of all, I'm feeling great. I don't believe that I ever had the disease.
My question is when is the Medical Malpractice Statue of Limitation started: is it, the years I started the treatment, July of 1999? Or the date the doctor declared that I'm cure, March 2004? The Statue of Limitation for Medical Malpractice in California is 2 years right?
Furthermore, I have one year to file a claim when I discover the Medical Malpractice. My question, then, would the discover date be July 2004 when the social worker set me for further evaluation or this week, March 2005, when I officially mail a letter to the social security office declare that I never have the mental disorder and pursuing a lawsuit against them.
In summary, this letter is a question about the Statue of Limitation and how long do I have to file the claim before my right is expire? The problem is I could not get any one to take my case, for several weeks now. The lawyers don't even want to discuss the case with me. This is suck.
Thank you,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back