statue of limitation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav888

I have a collection agency contacting me regarding an old credit card debt. checking my credit report I found out that I started to miss payment on dec of 1999. and it was charged off sept 2000. does the statue of limitation start on dec 1999/ jan 2000 or sept 2000? California statue of limitation is 4 yrs.

thanks

My guess is that you are talking about an open-ended credit contract? My understanding is that it may be discharged at this time. What happened after you let them know that this debt should have been discharged by law?

Note, I'm not sure exactly when the cause of action arises and whether it has been tolled by some action, e.g. in some states if you leave the state the statute of limitations stops running for the period of time you left the state.

mav888 said:
I have a collection agency contacting me regarding an old credit card debt. checking my credit report I found out that I started to miss payment on dec of 1999. and it was charged off sept 2000. does the statue of limitation start on dec 1999/ jan 2000 or sept 2000? California statue of limitation is 4 yrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back