starting a home based catering business

Status
Not open for further replies.

vijitech

Hi, My friend in southern california wants to start a home based catering business. Can you pls advise on the legal requirements for this and how much initial legal expenses are expected? This would be of great help. Thank you.

The answer is... we can only guess! It all varies from attorney to attorney and by the amount of help she may need. Tell her referrals for attorneys from people who have had good experiences with them can go a long way and do pay off in the long run. Good luck!

In many places, "home based" catering businesses are subject to the same or similar rules as a restaurant, including the requirements for a commercial kitchen and inspections by the local health department.

Your friend should get an attorney who is familiar with the specific locality where she/he will be located, perhaps even starting with the local health department to learn the general requirements before even talking to an attorney. Your friend needs to know at least enough to ask the right questions to make sure that the attorney is familiar with the relevant issues and is not learning at the client's expense.

best home based business

Hi,Great forum.These was the actual information I am looking for.I think most small business cease to exist within a year which is usually good for tax avoidance, therefore I would say that minimum accounting should be required - probably the easiest and most understandable would be to build you own using the most well known Spread Sheet program.

Starting with catering as home based business is really good. Its not similar to regular restaurants. But you need to follow some guidelines to start a home based catering business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back