Starting a Care Center. What are my liabilities?

mattc241

Jurisdiction
California
I am starting a Care Center and want to know what liabilities I have and how to minimize it. Premise of my business is to open this care facility that will take care of people of various conditions that needs taken care of. Examples of when someone might use my services are when they don't have family members or loved ones around and need someone to care for them:
- recuperating from surgery
- pregnancy (up until birth of child)
- elderly

Another question my selection of customers. What does the law say about providing services to foreign nationals?

What types of lawyers might be able to give me more guidance?

You might look into state lcensing for elderly and/or a rehabilitation facility.

Both require state licensing.

You'll need to decide just what groups (groups) you plan to serve.

You'll also want to talk to a couple insurance agents.

I am starting a Care Center and want to know what liabilities I have and how to minimize it.

I would hope it goes without saying that no one here has the first clue what liabilities you have. As far as how to minimize risk, consult with a local attorney and an insurance agent. Starting a business in a heavily regulated field without obtaining proper legal advice would be beyond foolish.

What does the law say about providing services to foreign nationals?

Several sections of the California Civil Code prohibit discrimination based on "sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, . . . citizenship, primary language, or immigration status."

Back