Starting a Business in California

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc6g

I am going to start a distributor business along with a local retail store with e-commerce ready to sell nation wide. It is a partnership with 50% shares alloted to the foreign Manufactoring Company that will provide our products and all company funding finances or to the sole owner of the manufactoring company, him or herself. The owner of the Manufactoring business is not a citizen of the United States. The other 50% shares will be divided among 5 people who are officers/employees of this company including myself. Only 2 of the 5 people are US Citizens while the other three are perminent residents.

My questions are,
1. Am I only allowed to declare as a C-Type Corporation or is there anyway I can fall under S-Type?
2. We will be importing products from Asia from the manufactor so do I have to file foreign company importing with the secretary of state in California?
3. Can TheLaw file incorporation for us in California? if possible please email me at dc6g@hotmail.com

thanks

1. My understanding is that you cannot file an S corporation unless all the shareholders are US citizens. An LLC might be another option.

2. If the corporation is a CA corporation then you do not have a foreign corporation but a domestic corporation importing goods.

3. We can assist you if you request and still require the assistance and you can reach us currently by using our contact form here.

Originally posted by dc6g
I am going to start a distributor business along with a local retail store with e-commerce ready to sell nation wide. It is a partnership with 50% shares alloted to the foreign Manufactoring Company that will provide our products and all company funding finances or to the sole owner of the manufactoring company, him or herself. The owner of the Manufactoring business is not a citizen of the United States. The other 50% shares will be divided among 5 people who are officers/employees of this company including myself. Only 2 of the 5 people are US Citizens while the other three are perminent residents.

My questions are,
1. Am I only allowed to declare as a C-Type Corporation or is there anyway I can fall under S-Type?
2. We will be importing products from Asia from the manufactor so do I have to file foreign company importing with the secretary of state in California?
3. Can TheLaw file incorporation for us in California? if possible please email me at dc6g@hotmail.com

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back