Making a Lease SSN misconduct

DominiqueGreen1

in 2012 I was 19 years old and wanted to move in with my friend but I didn't have renters history so I had to get additional papers signed to get the keys and then I could get the keys and move in. I just got a collection notice on all 3 of the credit bureaus from the apartment complex that I owe them $5,000.00 dropping my score from 745 to a 652.

Is this legal? Can I be charged even though I was never given keys my credit application was never processed because I couldn't get anybody to co-sign for me?

in 2012 I was 19 years old and wanted to move in with my friend but I didn't have renters history so I had to get additional papers signed to get the keys and then I could get the keys and move in. I just got a collection notice on all 3 of the credit bureaus from the apartment complex that I owe them $5,000.00 dropping my score from 745 to a 652.

Is this legal? Can I be charged even though I was never given keys my credit application was never processed because I couldn't get anybody to co-sign for me?

Probably not illegal. File a dispute with the credit bureaus, and hope that helps. Otherwise, the next thing you might receive is a lawsuit alleging you owe them five large, plus their lawyer's fees, and costs!!!

Back