SSi Vs Ebt Food Stamps

lentz1

Banned
Why does SSI recipient that is married with one child, 1 year old is not allowed food stamps but wife working and no ssi recipient is allowed food stamps. Also, What happens to the food stamps if wife is dead.

Why does SSI recipient that is married with one child, 1 year old is not allowed food stamps but wife working and no ssi recipient is allowed food stamps. Also, What happens to the food stamps if wife is dead.

I don't know about you, bro, but if a person earned too much to get food stamps I'm thinking he or she would be so much better off, and feel better about paying his/her way without being indebted to anyone.

I'm just an independent sort, I'd rather earn my supper.

I don't know about you, bro, but if a person earned too much to get food stamps I'm thinking he or she would be so much better off, and feel better about paying his/her way without being indebted to anyone.

I'm just an independent sort, I'd rather earn my supper.
what about when you have no other route?

what if in this case the route I presented it's the other route?

What if the government STOPPED providing EBT cards?

You do know, that what we do in the USA tends to be an exception.

This country is broke.
Too many beggars, too few workers, not enough money to provide all of those transfer payments.

Yeah, what if there were no food stamps, mate?

I'm not sure what your question even is. Not every SSI recipient is eligible for food stamps. If that person is married and the household income is over the limit to qualify, they are just like any other family that is not eligible based on income. If a spouse dies and the family's income drops, they can apply for benefits if they meet the criteria.

SSI isn't required to get benefits, it is all income based. Many receive benefits who are not disabled.

I'm not sure what your question even is. Not every SSI recipient is eligible for food stamps. If that person is married and the household income is over the limit to qualify, they are just like any other family that is not eligible based on income. If a spouse dies and the family's income drops, they can apply for benefits if they meet the criteria.

SSI isn't required to get benefits, it is all income based. Many receive benefits who are not disabled.
If you're giving answers that look like, A + B = C that's kind of good, but to help me I need an answer answering the real value of A, B, C. For example= what does A, B, C means? A=apples, B=Farms, C= Trees. What are you talking about when you're saying A+B=C. Tell me if I confused you.

"Why does SSI recipient that is married with one child, 1 year old is not allowed food stamps but wife working and no ssi recipient is allowed food stamps. Also, What happens to the food stamps if wife is dead."

Lentz,

It's not possible to answer this without knowing the exact situation.

In both cases, it depends on the family income and amount of rent paid and also who else is living in the household and sharing food.

In most cases, someone on SSI will be eligible for food stamps. Are you sure the person is getting SSI not SSDI?

Are you on SSI and were you turned down for food stamps? There are some rules it might help you to know that might help you qualify. What is your situation?

If someone's wife has passed away, they need to notify the food stamps caseworker. Depending on the situation, this may make the food stamps amount go up or down for the rest of the family.

Back