SSI says I am ONE credit short to qualify for SSI benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

quintonm

I recently applied for SSI/SSDI benefits and was approved. However, they looked back at my work records and noted that I was turned down for having only 39 instead of 40 credits.
Can I go out and work for $1,120 this year and earn that credit to qualify?

I recently applied for SSI/SSDI benefits and was approved. However, they looked back at my work records and noted that I was turned down for having only 39 instead of 40 credits.
Can I go out and work for $1,120 this year and earn that credit to qualify?

Think about your question, sir or madam!!!

If you do work, wouldn't that further indicate to social insecurity that you're not disabled, but able bodied enough to remain gainfully employed?

I suggest you consult with a lawyer that handles social insecurity appeals!!!

There are ways for you to get SSDI, that have nothing to do with ever working.

Social insecurity, on the other hand, maintains rules about minimum work contributions, before you can collect a dime. In that regard, it is somewhat like unemployment insurance.

That said, there may be legal mechanisms that can be used to help substantiate your claim. Speak with a lawyer who dabbles in social insecurity appeals. It will cost you nothing out of pocket. Most of those lawyers are very effective in getting you on the social insecurity dole.

AJ...

OP can get SSI without having to work - but not SSDI. It's SSDI which has the rules about working, not the other way around.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back