Domestic Violence & Civil Orders Spouse restrains then castrates spouse

army judge

Super Moderator
Jurisdiction
North Carolina
NEWPORT, N.C. (AP) Authorities in North Carolina have locked up a woman accused of cutting off her husband's penis.

A news release says 61-year-old James Frabutt told Carteret County deputies his wife, 56-year-old Victoria Thomas Frabutt, tied him up and pulled out a knife early Tuesday morning.

James Frabutt was taken to a Greenville hospital where his condition is unknown.

Deputies were able to recover the body part, put it on ice and give it to medical personnel.

A motive for the castration is unclear.

Victoria Thomas Frabutt has been charged with kidnapping and malicious castration.

She's in jail on a $100,000 bond and has a court hearing scheduled for Wednesday.

It's unclear whether she had an attorney who could comment on her behalf.

Woman accused of tying up, castrating husband

Castration refers to the beans...not the pork. This poor SOB was emasculated.

Yet, the alleged "castrator" has been charged with "malicious castration" under NC law.

I suppose the legislators of NC wanted to protect females and males from mutilation, (or maiming) which is how the crime under discussion is charged in other states.

North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 14. Criminal Law § 14-28 | FindLaw

Article 8

§ 14-28. Malicious castration.

If any person, of malice aforethought, shall unlawfully castrate any other person, or cut off, maim or disfigure any of the privy members of any person, with intent to murder, maim, disfigure, disable or render impotent such person, the person so offending shall be punished as a Class C felon. (1831, c. 40, s. 1; R.C., c. 34, s. 4; 1868-9, c. 167, s. 6; Code, s. 999; Rev., s. 3627; C.S., s. 4210; 1979, c. 760, s. 5; 1979, 2nd Sess., c. 1316, s. 47; 1981, c. 63, s. 1, c. 179, s. 14; 1993, c. 539, s. 1133; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)

And accidents are possible.

I suspect one could accidentally sustain an injury "down there" (anything is possible, or so they say), self-inflicted or assisted by another, but I struggle to think of something other than foolishly discharging a firearm, dropping a humming chainsaw, or spilling a liter of "H2SO4" on the "nether regions"; I'm (pun intended) STUMPED.

A news release says 61-year-old James Frabutt told Carteret County deputies his wife, 56-year-old Victoria Thomas Frabutt, tied him up and pulled out a knife early Tuesday morning.

I struggle to understand HOW she managed to "tie him up" before performing "surgery".

I also struggle to understand HOW this was accomplished without the "patient" dying because of shock.

Having seen a few guys expire in combat because of the shock, not the wound, rather the intense pain caused by the trauma of shrapnel or a bullet penetrating the human body bringing about the soldier's death.

Remember John Bobbitt? (Which is the most unfortunately appropriate name I've ever heard for a situation like that!)

He apparently came to after his wife had chopped his off and left with the severed member in her hand - ick! He woke up his buddy who was sleeping on the couch and told him that he was bleeding and the buddy drove him to the hospital. Apparently it's not a big enough appendage in many cases to cause enough shock to kill a person! ;)

I immediately recalled this story that went viral in the 90's:

1991 At-Risk Survivor: Scrotum Self-Repair

Ouch.

Great story, thanks.

The Darwin Award should go to the self appointed JEANYUSS (commentator on the original story event), for spewing nonsense.

I've seen many things during my life, I've never personally known anyone to "pleasure herself/himself while on the employer's premises.

I've been told it occurs, but never seen it.

However, this idiot's saga of staggering, stupendous stupidity gives me pause.

I do believe I'm not as worldly as I once believed.

That pleasures me. :D

A Reader Comment
"I was reading the book when I noticed a detail that slipped through the cracks. This one little detail makes Scrotum Repair Man a Darwin Award winner, and not just an At-Risk Survivor. Correct me if I'm worng, but doesn't the ability to reproduce lie solely withing the left testicle, the very one which this man lost? This is why the left testicle normally lies slightly lower than the right, and cancer of the right testicle is less severe. Therefore this man cannot reproduce, and should be given the full Darwin Award."

Darwin Responds
"No that's not true, both testicles produce sperm. One is higher than the other so it can slide over it more easily when a man puts his legs together."

Back