Spousal Support Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalley1959

I went to court over 10 years ago now and was awarded a spousal support order in Orange County Court and told by the Judge that I was to receive support paymnets to assist me in getting up on my feet after a 17 year long marriage.

I filed for un-EDD Benefits at the time and used that to get the Spousal Support Order which was not alot only $200 twice a month but I still was grateful to have the judge award anything.

My spouse would not show up for court most of the time and avoided attempts by mail to have him served. I did not have anymore time or funds to keep repetedly having him served and on top of that I had to always find him and pay out of my pocket money to hire PI to find him in order to Serve him.

I truely just wanted to get temporay assistance from him just until I got on my feet. I wanted to make it on my own as most women in this situation but it was so dog on difficult when one is not trained in a specialized field that pays well and is adequate for the basic Rent, foot and shelter.

I finally found steady work and decided to just give the case to the DA and just any feedback from anyone that has gone through similar situation or circumstances.

thanx
B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back