Fraud, Embezzlement, Bad Checks "Spousal Embezzlement"

Status
Not open for further replies.

123ewqasd

I co-own a corporation with my spouse through COMMUNITY PROPERTY law in California (On the book, my spouse is 100% owner). I played an integral role in developing and growing/rescuing the business on several occasions when my spouse proved to be incompetent.

My spouse is CEO and I was CFO until a year ago. My spouse fired me and left me with no income after an argument, wanting me to seek unemployment benefits.

My spouse attempted to divorce me and claim 100% ownership of the corporation, but failed.The court had ordered my spouse to pay me $20,000 per month because I had no income and we remained married after a settlement.

Now, I am not recieving any money from my spouse because the case has been settled.

After that, I decided to ask an employee to divert checks to me that were in the accounts recievable system, and I cashed them in my personal bank account because I needed money and my spouse was becoming violent at home, uncooperative, did not provide me income after firing me, etc.

The amount was +2 Million USD, but the company is still functioning and doing business. Now I am threatened with embezzelement. I was told that since I am the co-owner of this property, the threats made against me are bluffs.

Can anyone please clarify if possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back