splitting property and reselling

Status
Not open for further replies.

superfro27

my father has 3.75 acres of land with one house (his current residence), zoned A-3 (i think). we want to split some of it, build a new house on the back 2 acres and then sell it for profit. how do we go about this? i would take the mortgage on the new house on his property, live in the house for a year or so, and then would resell the new house and land. i know somehow families can split their land and do this, but need lots of help with what the actual zoning laws are.
pete

superfro27 said:
my father has 3.75 acres of land with one house (his current residence), zoned A-3 (i think). we want to split some of it, build a new house on the back 2 acres and then sell it for profit. how do we go about this? i would take the mortgage on the new house on his property, live in the house for a year or so, and then would resell the new house and land. i know somehow families can split their land and do this, but need lots of help with what the actual zoning laws are.
pete
Without a doubt, the most critical piece of information anyone reviewing a real estate transaction needs to know is where is it??? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back