Spiteful ex-roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasmedic

Two months ago, I decided to move out from an apartment I shared with my (former) friend and her boyfriend. We all signed a lease through August. I understand I am responsible for paying my part of the rent or finding another roommate who my other roommates agree to. However, my roommate has told me repeatedly that she will not agree to anyone I find. Instead, she will look for someone she "knows to some extent" or transfer the lease to another apartment where I would not be held responsible. The problem with this is that she has done little, if anything. So far, she claims to have talked to two people and looked at one apartment. We live in a college town, so I know there are more opportunities than that. I've emailed her several times to see what progress she's made, but now she claims I am harassing her (I've emailed her six times, only asking for cooperation). I need to know if there is any way I can legally force her to do as she said she would, let me find a replacement, or must I continue to subsidize an apartment she now has to herself and her boyfriend? PLEASE HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back