speeding ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

tubbsg

i would just like to know if it is true that when it is pitch black out and a cop does not have any lights on when sitting on a median can he pull you over no matter how fast u r going, all i saw was his reflectors as i was passing him can i fight the ticket and get away with it? :confused:

Nobody can tell you whether you will win or lose in court. It seems that you were going faster than the speed limit. You'll have your chance to ask the officer how he/she knew you were traveling above the speed limit and, if so, how much over the limit.

yes but do you know if an officer with no headlights on can pull you over when you pass him hiding in the dark? Seems like cheating to me :)

Cheating? :) Given a choice as to who was cheating more, I'd choose the guy who was breaking the law over the one who was enforcing it! :D I understand where you are coming from and I'd be irate too. But then I'd settle down and realize that I was more irate because I got caught when I thought that I really wasn't going that fast and that the speed limit could be higher! ;)

Perhaps they had a radar gun or some other speed measuring device.... don't know. Many say that they have ways to beat them but you never know... it's always a gamble and up to you if you want to plead it out for a fine and no points if possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back