Speeding ticket

T

Tpeter

Jurisdiction
Alaska
Looking to get advice on what to do.

So a family member of mine used a vehicle that doesn't belong to me anymore, but is still registered under my name until the full payment of the vehicle has been paid. Unfortunately, he had gotten a hold of my old drivers license that's still valid which I do not carry anymore. I've obtained my motorcycle license so I carry that instead. Story is, he had gotten pulled over driving the vehicle that was still under my name and was afraid cause he had no license and had used my old valid drivers license. Now I have a ticket under my name and I wasn't even part of this whole thing. Would I stand a chance fighting this citation? Advice wold be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Looking to get advice on what to do.

So a family member of mine used a vehicle that doesn't belong to me anymore, but is still registered under my name until the full payment of the vehicle has been paid. Unfortunately, he had gotten a hold of my old drivers license that's still valid which I do not carry anymore. I've obtained my motorcycle license so I carry that instead. Story is, he had gotten pulled over driving the vehicle that was still under my name and was afraid cause he had no license and had used my old valid drivers license. Now I have a ticket under my name and I wasn't even part of this whole thing. Would I stand a chance fighting this citation? Advice wold be greatly appreciated. TIA.

Yes, you can defend the citation you shouldn't have received but for the illicit act of your relative.

You plead not guilty.

You ask for a trial.

You make sure to subpoena both people, your relative, and the officer who issued the citation.

Or, you report what you know to the police officer or the police agency immediately so it can be investigated and dirty, rotten, prevaricating scoundrel receives his just due.

Back