Speeding Ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek_Sam

I just got a speeding ticket for 46 in a 30. I have quite a few tickets and would like to fight this one. The ticket has a few boxes labeling the way the speed was calculated. The radar and estimated boxes are both checked off. Does this mean I was actually caught on radar or does it mean the speed is an estimate. This happened in Massachusetts if it helps. Also while I was stopped the officer asked me to show him things that were in the car such as my bag in the back seat. Is this legal? Did I have to show him anything? Is there anyway to get out of this ticket at all?

"I just got a speeding ticket for 46 in a 30. I have quite a few tickets and would like to fight this one. The ticket has a few boxes labeling the way the speed was calculated. The radar and estimated boxes are both checked off. Does this mean I was actually caught on radar or does it mean the speed is an estimate. This happened in Massachusetts if it helps. Also while I was stopped the officer asked me to show him things that were in the car such as my bag in the back seat. Is this legal? Did I have to show him anything? Is there anyway to get out of this ticket at all?"

This means that the speeding ticket was based on both radar and the officer's visual estimate of your speed. Your problem is that you did not fight your previous tickets. There is probably no way to get out of this ticket unless you retain an attorney and no guarantee even then.

The officer can ask you anything and if you comply it is legal. It is usually a good idea to allow the search unless you are concerned about what a passenger may have on them. If one person has something then all of you are in trouble.

Again, some good answers here. You can fight the ticket but it may have little consequence. You can ask the officer to explain what the ticket means but he may well say that you were tracked on radar and that your speed was also estimated using another method. Additionally, what do you mean that you have quite a few tickets?

Originally posted by lwpat
"I just got a speeding ticket for 46 in a 30. I have quite a few tickets and would like to fight this one. The ticket has a few boxes labeling the way the speed was calculated. The radar and estimated boxes are both checked off. Does this mean I was actually caught on radar or does it mean the speed is an estimate. This happened in Massachusetts if it helps. Also while I was stopped the officer asked me to show him things that were in the car such as my bag in the back seat. Is this legal? Did I have to show him anything? Is there anyway to get out of this ticket at all?"

This means that the speeding ticket was based on both radar and the officer's visual estimate of your speed. Your problem is that you did not fight your previous tickets. There is probably no way to get out of this ticket unless you retain an attorney and no guarantee even then.

The officer can ask you anything and if you comply it is legal. It is usually a good idea to allow the search unless you are concerned about what a passenger may have on them. If one person has something then all of you are in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back