Speed Racer; NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumdon

It's 11:30 pm on Friday, June 21. My motorcycling buddy and I have just returned to our hometown of Keizer, OR after a great all day ride. We stop at the first intersection in town for the signal to change. A Porsche pulls up with two young teen's in the car(my buddy and I are both over 34 and employed full time with stable work history and clean records). The teen's are smiling and jesturing for a quick take-off, so after analysing the condition's, no traffic due to the late hour and no cop's, we hit it on green and don't let up till approximately 50 mph. Then the light's come up behind us and were screwed. The officer guesstimated our speed at 65 mph but had no radar device to back it up. He insisted he was able to visually track both of us at night and make a determination as to our speed but did not acknowledge to have seen the Porsche directly to our right. He also said the sound of the bikes and shifting of them led to his looking in our direction.He didnt actually see the start. End result is ORS/ORD 811.125 SPEED RACING! UGHH! I would like to suggest we were merely pulling ahead of the Porsche so we could make a right, or that we were trying to avoid a dangerous situation with the other car encroaching on our shared lane but I know I'm grasping. Is there any hope of beating this. I had two speeding tickets in a different state last year so this new one will be the end of my motorcycling if I can't beat it. Help! Please!

With two speeding tickets already on your record a racing violation could mean a suspension. I am not familar with the laws in Oregon but most states take racing very seriously.

You need to retain an attorney. Try the find an attorney link on this site or email me and I can provide some recommendations.

This is Dum-Don's speed-racing buddy:

Does anyone think that pleading Not Guilty, telling your side of the story, asking for community service (in place of the ticket going on the driving record) is a plausible idea? Has it ever worked? :D

I beat my speed racing ticket !!! Yahooo !!!!

I recently went to trial on my speed racing ticket from back in July and I WON. If anyone is interested how just send a reply or E-mail DonLucyRyan@juno.com. By the way my partner in crime Medeluna also got off for the same offense.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back