Speed Contest ticket. help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sann

Hello everyone,

Couple nights ago i was in my s2000 and some-what raced a 300zx TT. I know racing is bad and i also have "No Racing!" sticker in my dash. Anyway i was caught and cited with a Speed Contest ticket; VC 23109a. (California)

The cop took pictures of the inside of my car and took a close up picture of the "No Racing!" sticker. They didn't catch the other guy cause he got away by going through the mall. The cop asked how fast i was going and i told him i didn't know cause i was looking at the road. They asked why was i racing and i told them i wasn't. I was nervous and couldn't think what to say at the time, like that i was trying to pass him to switch lanes. So my stupid excuse was, "we were just playing around." Very stupid response.. i know... They wrote me down for going 55+ on a 40. So they didn't seem like they radar me.

Has anyone had this ticket and actually fought it? I am 20 years old and i really don't want points on my DMV record. I also was told that there are ways under CVC 40519b stating that i have the right to write a letter lieu (rather) of appearing in court.

Just from being flamed, i know what i've done is wrong and could've submitted injuries to innocent people or even myself. I regret what i did and learned a very valueble lesson.

I only ask for some help, tips or advice. Thank you so much.

*I have the ticket if anybody wants to view it...

California Racing Ticket

I have the ticket if anybody wants to view it...

It is not a good idea to post personal information like that.

Has anyone had this ticket and actually fought it? I am 20 years old and i really don't want points on my DMV record. I also was told that there are ways under CVC 40519b stating that i have the right to write a letter lieu (rather) of appearing in court.

California allows a Trial by Declaration but it will be a waste of time for a serious ticket like this. You need to retain an attorney since your insurance premiums will likely double or triple for the next three years. I understand that Geico is not renewing anyone with any type of serious violation from posts on another forum.

There is a "find an attorney" link on this site. Only if no one is listed send me an email and I can provide more resources.

lwpat,

thank you for taking the time to help. i am trying to get an attorney but i don't know what to look for... is there just a "traffic attorney?" or just go for a criminal one?

by the way what is the difference between lawyer and attorney?

Sann said:
Hello everyone,

Couple nights ago i was in my s2000 and some-what raced a 300zx TT. I know racing is bad and i also have "No Racing!" sticker in my dash. Anyway i was caught and cited with a Speed Contest ticket; VC 23109a. (California)

The cop took pictures of the inside of my car and took a close up picture of the "No Racing!" sticker. They didn't catch the other guy cause he got away by going through the mall. The cop asked how fast i was going and i told him i didn't know cause i was looking at the road. They asked why was i racing and i told them i wasn't. I was nervous and couldn't think what to say at the time, like that i was trying to pass him to switch lanes. So my stupid excuse was, "we were just playing around." Very stupid response.. i know... They wrote me down for going 55+ on a 40. So they didn't seem like they radar me.

Just from being flamed, i know what i've done is wrong and could've submitted injuries to innocent people or even myself. I regret what i did and learned a very valueble lesson.

I only ask for some help, tips or advice. Thank you so much.

*I have the ticket if anybody wants to view it...

!! if you would have got the cops radar certification number than you would be able to fight it in court that they did not radar you and that you were not speeding but because you did not you will probably get a ticked for 55 unless you say that you say something like you knew you were speeding you looked down and you noticed were going like 52 or something and so as you were slowing down you got pulled over, you think you got pulled over because you braked too hard but you know you werent goin 55 and he did not radar you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back