Son was injured severly while at a non-licensed baby sitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trauma

Hello there.....

I am desperately in need of some legal advice, My son was at his babysitters house (Grandma's) while I was out of town on business(Welder) and in her negligence he ingested some of her prescription drugs totaling 9 different kinds. he is a 2 1/2 year old boy, his mother was called at work and she came and took him to hospital, shortly after he was administered into the Intensive Care Unit I was notified, and I returned home to see him, he is not covered under my health insurance until November 1st, so he has no insurance covering him....what can I do... the persons house this happened at is covered by homeowners insurance, will they cover it?? Do I have to sue to cover all the damages that occurred from this tragedy??

Q: Do I have to sue to cover all the damages that occurred from this tragedy?

A: Yes.

Q: How can I sue someone when I have no money to get a lawyer?

A: What were the permanent and serious physical injuries the child suffered?

Q: What were the permanent and serious physical injuries the child suffered?
A: Unsure of the longterm effects yet, has been undergoing charcoal treatment, and will be under isolated observation for a total of 48 hours, so far he seems to be alright I am still at the hospital as we speak, so I really don't have a full answer for you

If there are no damages, there is no case.

However, if you wanted to sue grandma for the amount of the hospital bills for her negligence, you may be able to do that in small claims court.

First of all you should call CPS. This could also be a family court issue as this grandparent should not be babysitting the child anymore. It does not matter if she was non licensed family members are not required to be licensed to babysit in most states.

You should talk to a civil attorney about suing the homeowners insurance for medical bi lls

You should talk to a civil attorney about suing the homeowners insurance for medical bills

Huh?

Did the insurance company injure the kid?

What are you talking about?

If there are no damages, there is no case.

However, if you wanted to sue grandma for the amount of the hospital bills for her negligence, you may be able to do that in small claims court.

If there are no damages no case? I guess I don't understand where there is no damages...
For one: the mental trauma to a 2 1/2 boy being locked down for 48 hours and being force fed ungodly amounts of charcoal, you cannot tell me there will be no mental trauma inflicted on this child... not to mention the amount of work time my wife and I have lost do to this...and as for small claims court your dreaming.... We are talking about a $50,000+ bill there is no small claim there, as for suing the home owners insurance company they did nothing wrong, the grandparent is at fault, as for CPS they get involved right away when it comes to something like this... why would I need to do anything through them to keep him out of her care? If my son every returned to her care it would be under my discretion no one else, CPS will do nothing about this case.. it was a accident nothing more and she has no prior reports or anything..

So please if you do not have any law experience do not reply to my thread you are just wasting my time and everyone else, this is a complicated case that will more than likely end outside of court, or in medical bankruptcy

There is no such thing as a medical bankruptcy.

Again, if you want to sue for trauma etc., there must be serious and permanent physical injury.

Consult with a personal injury lawyer.

There is no such thing as a medical bankruptcy.

Now I am confused. Medical Bankruptcy does exsist according to Many sites...

http://www.bcsalliance.com/y_debt_medical.html

all I had to do was type it in Google. I didn't know it exsisted, and personally I am glad it does, I have unpaid medical bills, if I got sued by the hospital I am glad to know that is an option.

Thank you, sorry for responding, just had to include that link for the original poster..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back