Shoplifting, Larceny, Robbery, Theft Son questioned about employer theft...

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspire123

My son is 17 years old and we live in Maryland. He has been questioned by the police about 2 seperate thefts that occurred at his former employment. He was recently fired because of these thefts, one occurring Jan 20 2002 and the other occurring March 24 2002. Since my son is still considered a juvenile I was present during the questioning...my son maintains that he knew nothing of the thefts...the police officer who questioned him suggested to me that he submit to a polygraph or voice stress test to prove his innocence, I have until wednesday 4-17-2002 too say yes or no to testing. 1 other individual that did not work with my son but on occasion visted my son at work is also being questioned. On the day's in question my son was not the only employee at work, but yet the finger is being pointed at him and none of the other employees. He has not been charged with anything at this time. I need to know how long something like this can continue and what to expect if I refuse to let him take polygraph etc... My son has never been in trouble before...Do I need a lawyer at this point or at what point should I consider one? AIFILY2@aol.com:confused:

You don't need to take a polygraph test. I wouldn't have my son take one. Worse, it's not like the polygraph is going to do anything, e.g. like get his job back. It is only to his detriment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back