Someone I dated briefly will not stop contacting me

Status
Not open for further replies.

makeitstop

Hi-

I am looking for some advice as to the best way to handle this problem. To make a long story short I went on about 10 dates with a guy. I then broke up with him. After a few weeks of him contacting me and thinking we were going to get back together no matter how much I disagreed I told him that I would not be communicating with him and for him not to contact me because I will not be responding. This was on March 1, 2004. That night he left me 4 voicemail messages, several emails, and posted messages on a message board on a website I have with a friend (about student loans so his posts stood out glaringly because they were just insulting me, etc.). I figured it would die down. Well after a month an a half I have received 17 voicemail messages, 26 emails, 14 text messages, and about 8 message board posts. All of this with no response or communication with me except the one email on March 1st telling him I would not be comminicating with him any further. So at this point it became obvious that he wasn't going to stop, so I sent him a simple email "Over a month ago I told you not to contact me, yet you have continued to do so. This is harassment. Stop contacting me in any form or I will file a report with the police" His respose to this was 2 message board posts, then 2 emails over the course of the next couple of days. The second of which said he was seriously thinking that he might be better just stepping in front of a bus or train. So after printing out all of the emails and message board, recording the voicemails onto a microcassette tape, etc. I went to the police dept. last night. They said I could file a report but basically nothing will be done about it. Nothing will be sent to him so he will have no idea the report was filed so essentially it is just a piece of paper. Any suggestions on how to handle this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back