Someone has my dog and will not give her back

jthiel69

Jurisdiction
Pennsylvania
I needed to give my dog back to her previous owner (Jennifer) but until she could take her back, i gave my dog to a foster (Jen) until Jennifer was ready.
after 3 mos Jennifer became ill and was unable to take the dog back. so i asked the foster,Jen, to have my dog back and she refused. she is keeping my dog.
i am the legal adopter on the contract and the dog is chipped in my name. my dog is now living in NY in a foster home, i am in Central Pa, which complicates things.
i want my dog back. the cops have all said its not theft because i gave her the dog to foster, the lawyers say its theft because she is keeping something that does not belong to her. i cant file a civil claim since you can only file for money. this dog is very special to me since she came from the Middle East and is disabled from the abuse she suffered over there. she was given to me. i had planned on keeping her forever, but after 3mos i realized she was not happy anymore because my other dog was bullying her. i knew it would take time to rehome the bully so i thought it would be better for her if she went back to her previous owner who asked for her back if there was ever a need.
after speaking to all the authorities i have pretty much given up, but still think i should have my dog back. its not her dog and she has no rights to her

I needed to give my dog back to her previous owner (Jennifer) but until she could take her back, i gave my dog to a foster (Jen) until Jennifer was ready.
after 3 mos Jennifer became ill and was unable to take the dog back. so i asked the foster,Jen, to have my dog back and she refused. she is keeping my dog.
i am the legal adopter on the contract and the dog is chipped in my name. my dog is now living in NY in a foster home, i am in Central Pa, which complicates things.
i want my dog back. the cops have all said its not theft because i gave her the dog to foster, the lawyers say its theft because she is keeping something that does not belong to her. i cant file a civil claim since you can only file for money. this dog is very special to me since she came from the Middle East and is disabled from the abuse she suffered over there. she was given to me. i had planned on keeping her forever, but after 3mos i realized she was not happy anymore because my other dog was bullying her. i knew it would take time to rehome the bully so i thought it would be better for her if she went back to her previous owner who asked for her back if there was ever a need.
after speaking to all the authorities i have pretty much given up, but still think i should have my dog back. its not her dog and she has no rights to her

You posted this same question on another site and never bothered to answer any of the questions posed to you.

The personification of animals and/or inanimate objects is unique to most of the western world.

Did you give the dog to Jen in Pennsylvania or in New York?
This sounds like a typical case of conversion in which someone deprives the owner of possession of property, a form of theft.
Where the transaction took place determines where to make your report. The sooner you act on this the better, before the dog changes hands again.

Back